Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Choices

Even when things are hectic to the point of insanity at work, I can still rely on my colleagues to bring a dose of proportion to the day. Someone this morning showed me a series of slides that proposed an important principle...

10% of life is made up of what happens to you … 
90% of life is decided by how you react …

The slides walked through an example of how a tiny accident at the breakfast table could totally ruin your day.

Or not.

The accident (the 10%) was outside your control. The rest was determined by how you chose to react.

The scenario was totally believable. I could see myself in it. Especially when I'm as tired and pressured as I am at the moment, which is what made it so powerful for me. The point is that how you react is a choice.

Thank you for reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment