Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gifts

Another reminder from the blogoverse. Someone I follow posted an honest account of her struggles with her writing at the moment. She described writing as a gift from God. Something that needs to be expressed. To abandon it, to doubt it, would be stupidity.

Now, the bit about God I will leave for others to believe in, but the bit about gifts struck home.

I am also struggling with writing right now, after a brief explosion of creativity that it's become an effort to sustain. But she's right. What I've unearthed is indeed a gift, and one which I should feel blessed with. And, when I think about it, I have many other gifts too, that I use to greater or lesser effect. Rather than complain about the effort, I should be overwhelmingly thankful that I can write, and paint, and build outdoor play equipment for the kids, and cook, and many more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment